Last Saturday, we had a great day planned. It was going to be a beautiful day. We were heading to a parade in the morning, a t-ball game shortly after and Grandma and Grandpa were going to join us. Jeremy and I were excited to have a great family day! While talking in bed the night before, Jeremy and I decided to make the most of it. We cooked up a nice breakfast and shared some exciting news with the girls. The news went as follows:
Jeremy asked the girls if they would like to share a room with a baby (not the plan by the way). Neither of them caught on. They mentioned their cousins Mya, then Tori, then baby Julia (Arica's baby). Jeremy and I were laughing and Ally was frustrated that she didn't understand. So we mentioned a new baby. What would you think if you had a new baby brother or sister? Ally's eyes were wide open and looked at mom's belly...but was still a little confused. Daddy's then mentioned that a baby has been growing in mommy's tummy and we'll be having another child join our family. Kaitlyn was then REALLY confused....she looked at my belly...realizing it's not big enough..."daddy you're teasing!" Ally was in shock "WHAT! really! Oh my goodness! Mom's pregnant! This is CRAZY!". We asked Kaitlyn if she would be excited to have another baby in the family. She said, "yes...but your NOT having a baby mom!" She was in denial for about three hours! Ally kept reassuring her that mom and dad would NOT lie about this. Daddy and I agreed. Finally, when we were at the t-ball game, I heard Kaitlyn mention to Grandma the following: "guess what? mama can't have much candy because she has a baby in her tummy" right after that she sits on my lap and says with a giggle "your boobs are going to have milk" it was SO precious! I was so glad to hear all of it...I never heard another word of denial.
The girls continually kiss my belly and are sharing the news with everyone they know. We knew once it got out to the girls it would be no secret. It sure was pleasant to get the word out. Our little surprise is expected around the 13th of December.
11 years ago
3 comments:
Yay! How exciting. Your girls are too funny. Expecially the part about your having milk. I had a laugh over that one ;)
Congrats again! I've been waiting to tell Leif...now I guess I've got the go ahead :)
How exciting you guys!! I love it that the girls were so confused! The innocense of kids! Hope you are feeling well!
Congratulations! That is very exciting news! The milk comment reminded me when Matthew asked one time I was nursing Luke if it was chocolate or regular milk! Gotta love the way they think! Can't wait to see the Kanooth family addition!!
Post a Comment