Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jeremy got his ELK!!!


What a relief! Jeremy stresses this time of year, EVERY year, in hopes of getting his elk. This year the pressure was on since he didn't get last year. Our freezer was bare, which means we had to buy hamburger meat (a huge expense these days). We love eating Elk since it's so lean and there really isn't much of a difference in flavor.

SO...GREAT job Jeremy! This is your second archery elk and I'm SO proud of you!


I know this picture seems ruthless, but the girls were SO excited for daddy and his biggest bull ever. Zack (the cat) even joined in to take a peek.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Holy cow that things huge!! So ya gonna mount his head on the wall?!?

Anonymous said...

Super! And so quick in the season isn't it? Beautiful animal.

Andrea said...

Jeremy's hoping....I don't think it falls in the budget though LOL. Somehow I think he'll find a way :)

Yep...opening day. Early archery is great!

Lurlyn said...

Wow. That is a big'n.

The Haley Family said...

so, I won't show this to Matt! He hasn't bought an elk tag in years...but the deer keep evading him! THIS is the year...I hope for his sake!