Growing up….one of the most wonderful feelings in the world was waking up to walk down the hall and view the lit Christmas tree in the living room. There were so many sweet moments and memories which came about, including viewing rudolph’s nose out the window one Christmas Eve. I enjoyed every moment in that living room with my family. In my eyes, it is the most important decoration of Christmas.

We were thrilled to begin decorating on the 27th of November. It began with our tree. We’ve been in our home for 4 years. Betty and Denis left us the tree and it’s fun to see it come to life. I love all the ornaments, mostly from the memories behind each one. You might notice the homemade snowflakes and cross stitched symbols. Mom made those when I was young. A couple years ago, we collected pine cones from our trees and painted the tips gold…a fun family project. There’s the star, the angel, the manger and many others which represent the significant symbols of Christmas. Most ornaments were received from friends and family….I’m thankful I’m still able to remember who most of them are from You’ll notice we have a collection of books under the tree. These are pulled out of Christmas boxes each year so they are not forgotten on a book shelf. The books are fun to read, a couple of them are count downs with a story to read each day of December, helping us to remember the reason for the season. We are thankful for our tree.
1 comment:
Great pics! Glad you were able to FINALLY get a new post up!!!
Post a Comment