Sunday, March 20, 2011

Updates from the past month

The night of our big snow day, was the beginning of our family-sick-spell. It was a terrible battle. It started with Ally...here's Kaitlyn heading off to school with out sister at her side. She was all bundled and happy to leave in her "hunters orange" hat....isn't she adorable!!!


This is Paige, my little lifesaver!! Paige is a Relief Society sister from my ward at church, I happen to visit teach her. Our family has a lot of fun during our visits. She usually comes and helps us bake some cookies and eat dinner. She plays with the girls and watches "chick shows" with me. In the picture below, she needed help with an 80's hairdo...for a single's dance. This is as far as she would let me go...I wanted to do the so-called side wings and a lot more ratting. She toned this down a tad, prior to leaving. It's sad to say she considers me an 80's girl...she was being nice when she thought I was 37! REALLY???!!!...am I looking that old? I consider myself a 90's girl, since I graduated in 1996.
I consider Paige my lifesaver, because when I was down and battling illness, she came over, helped with the kids and did my grocery shopping...it was such a relief and big help to me. I'm forever grateful for "our Paige-ee".

March 2nd - was our short trip to Great Wolf Lodge. This was at Kaitlyn's request for her pre-birthday. We had a good time....consider this was what we thought of the end of mine and Ally's illness and was the beginning of Kaitlyn's. We had a couple hours of fun each day and lots of relaxation in the hotel room. The girls loved getting pizza and eating in bed....that would never fly at home!


March 9th - was my late birthday present. Jeremy and the girls gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure and manicure...I've been excited to use it and so was Ally. Ally decided that this was something she REALLY BADLY wanted to do with me...so she saved her money and here she is. Note: Ally kept telling me how badly she wanted a manicure...this was during the service and after we chose our paint colors. I told her this was a manicure and asked her what she expected it to be. I could tell she was really confused. When it was all said and the service was rendered...she was able to explain in detail what she meant. After a forever explanation...I realized she wanted a "french manicure". This was her only disappointment, we still had a good time being together and next time (won't be for a long time)....I'll know what she means.


March 11th - Meet Molly, our 4th dog. Yep, another walker hound. She is so sweet....we've been bathing her and bringing her in the house every chance we get. The girls were thrilled to take her on a little car ride and introduce her to grandma. She been lots of fun....we LOVE our animals...especially when they are LITTLE :-)

1 comment:

BrooksBlog said...

Ally looks so cute and excited getting her pedie!! Thats one of our fav. mommy daughter times!! Sorry to hear you were all sick!! That is not fun! Just runs on down the line! Cant wait to come visit!