Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nathan and Christine's Visit

The long anticipated visit from Nathan's family (my 2nd oldest brother) came and went too quickily. I've been wanting to post these pictures for so long, but fear the tears that are already begining to form.....we miss them dearly and cherish their visit every couple years. Nathan's girls are at such a fun age. We connected so well with them and tried to get as much time as possible. My girls were so sad knowing their cousins were still in town for 3 days before leaving us for the last time....we all understood that there were other family members to see. So here are a few of our memories to share. We hope that as my brother Jason's family read this they will know how much we longed to have them with us on the trip. We thought of you often and look forward to future times we get to spend with you.

Day 1: Alpine Slides at Ski Bowl Adventure Park

We went on opening day, the kids were the perfect age to enjoy this adventure. It was a new experience for all of us and everyone found enjoyment! Ally and Ksenya went down the slides first....they were CRAZY into it. Ally NEVER read the signs and could care less about slowing down or getting on someone's tail. She and Skenya stuck like glue, going on the ski lifts and slides by themselves. We did not catch up to them until the 5th or 6th time...Christine and I finally waited at the top to catch them and explain to Ally that the signs for direction, caution and safety. It was pretty comical seeing her reaction....she shruged her shoulders and realized she had seen no signs what-so-ever. She also could care less about ever going down the slides with mom or dad. It was bitter-sweet realized our little girl is growing up.

Kaitlyn had a great time taking turns with each of the adults. She was a couple inches too short to ride the slide by herself. She had the most fun with aunt Christine, who let her be in charge of the breaks and aceleration. Christine said she had no fear....wish I would have saw it.

Kylie and Crystal enjoyed riding by themselves, but also enjoyed a few rides with the adults. It was so fun too have them warm up so quickily and want to go down the slides with me multiple times. I LOVED (understatment) every moment with the girls and miss them so much!

The adventure park had a lot of other fun thongs to do too; pony rides, rock climbing wall, kids play area (not that fantastic), go carts, kiddy canoe rides and other things that were not yet open since it was opening day.

Between adventures, we all went up to Government Camp to the top of the mountain. The girls loved playing around in the snow on a warm day.

Day 2: Fourth of July Rodeo

We've always heard such great reviews on the local rodeo here in town....it happens to be very close to mom and dads, so this year we were thrilled for the opportunity to go...another 1st for everyone.

Day 3: Family Dinner

This was the only night all of us could be together, since Heather and Jeremy had to on the week days, which is when we scheduled the day trips to avoid crowds. I can't believe we forgot to get a group photo! This was the night Nathan's family surprised mom and dad with a beautiful handmade quilt to commemorate mom and dad's 40th wedding anniversary. It included pictures of the each child's family and mom and dad's wedding pictures...wonderful work from both Nathan and Chrstine.


Day 4: Cannon Beach

The beach of choice was Cannon Beach. It is the beach that holds the most memories for our family. Walking through all the shops and enjoying the scenery of Haystack Rock was wonderful...the only regret was the wind, which of course we had no control over. The kids didn't seem to be bothered too much by it and had a good time no matter what...OF COURSE!


Day 5: GIRLS SLEEPOVER!!!

It was so much fun to have the girls all to myself ;-) They played outside for a while, then came in to play our nail polish game (idea from Ally's last birthday party). We painted rocks, watched movies and had lots of giggles. The morning brought a good breakfast, fun hairstyles and a movie with Papa (Cars 2). It was GREAT girl time!

The sad part to this is I knew that this was probably going to be the last time we saw them for a while. I didn't let the girls know it....for fear of breakdowns, which came later.

I'm thankful for Ksenya. She shared her wonderful talent of dance with us; DVD from some of her performances. She is so talented and is certainly exelled for her age. I'm thankful she is more than a cousin to my girls, she is a real friend. Ally looks up to her so much. Ksenya you are a beautiful young lady, we love you!

I'm thankful for Chrystal. Her smile lights up a room. She is very quiet in her ways, but is so sweet. Crystal sits back and watches, you can tell she wants to be involved in what's going on, but is reserved. Cystal you are radiant, let your light shine and know you are loved very much! Thank you for all your hugs and sweet gestures!

I'm thankful for Kylie. Those brown eyes will melt your heart! She is another quiet and sweet one, but will let you know what she wants in her own quiet ways. She is full of snuggles and wants to be loved. Kylie you are such a joy to be around. I loved seeing your thoughtfulness and creativity. Thank you for making me feel so special. You are loved very much!


I'm thankful for family, for my family. I thankful for loving parents who have strived to do whatever they can for our family. I'm thankful for three brothers who are unique in their own ways, I love each of them and appreciate the wonderful fathers they have become. They have married good women who I look up to in different ways. I cherish my time with children dearly, these moments with neices and nephews won't last long. I love spending time with them and have so much fun with them.

I'm so glad for every moment we got to spend with most of the my side of the family. The memories we create and the love that resides is cherished dearly.

No comments: