
My Grandpa and his wife (Grandma) is so sweet. They look forward to our visits and since he's turned 90, I think he thinks each visit will be the last. I think that because everytime I go to leave he whispers to "have yourself a really good life". I love my Grandpa and am so glad he has such a loving wife to care for him. She is truely as sweet as my grandma who passed when I was 18....such a sweet loving lady who would do anything for anyone. I'm so thankful my Grandfather and I have become so close since Grandma's passing. He is a great man with a kind heart. LOVE YOU GRANDPA and GRANDMA (Nubia)!

Above (clockwise, starting from the top); Lairen, Aunt Julie, Phillip (Kelly's son), Devon, Vaughn (Rochelle's boys), Chase (Vicki's son), Thomas (our nephew), bottom right picture Phillip and Kelly (Jim's daughter) and of course our Sweet Ally.
Our Christmas Eve started at Aunt Dawn's (that is after I spend the morning making the most amazing orange rolls and watching White Christmas with my family). Many of Tom's side of the family were there. We had a wonderful time catching up and creating new memories. The food and company was fabulous....including the new set of puppies :) One of Ruby pups (Jewels) from over a year, had puppies...they are so cute!!!

Starting at the top; Toby (Julie's husband), Uncle Jim (Tom's brother), Grandpa Tom, our sweet Kaitlyn, Kaylee (Vickie's daughter). Bottom starting at the left: Rochelle (Julie's daughter), Grandma Jeannie, Vicki, Liz, (Julie's daughters)Valerie and Vanessa (Rodney's twins) and Thomas.

This picture is funny because it started with about 8 girls and ended with gathering all the girls in the house. It's fun to see how the family has grown and how much all the Great Grandkids of the family LOVE to play together. Dawn and Randy, thanks for making this happen....it was a GREAT time!

My side of the family (the family that's local) met at mom's. Kevin, Heather and Grandma joined us. We got there a little later than everyone else and unfortunately didn't have much time to spend with Kevin and his family. Kaitlyn did a great job getting her time with Mya. She was so cute and warmed up to everyone, especially when she got to play Santa and pass out the presents. I like seeing my dad and Kevin's humor in the pictures above. I wonder how many weird expressions I've collected of Kevin's face ;)

These picture of my brother and his wife are priceless, they are such proud parents. I love the twinkle in their eyes as they watch their son open his mickey mouse :)

Grandma had fun with her grandkids. Mya is at the perfect age to watch her excitement over the magic of Christmas. I LOVE the picture of Mya looking at Kaitlyn. the two of them admire each other so much. I have another photo of Kaitlyn looking at Mya in the same way. Jeremy and Ally are buddies these days. In fact, occasionally they call each other partners....that is something Ally started with Daddy when they would seek off and watch Pirates of the Carribean together.
At the bottom right, there's a great picture of Mom. She did a great job pulling everyone together, we are so thankful for she and dad's thoughtfulness and always doing what they can for everyone. Thanks Mom and Dad!

This picture shows the new theme in the girls room; horses of course. Mom and I had a girls day and found an amazing comforter with artwork for the girls room. It happens to have the pinks and green that already exist in their room. THANKS GRANDMA AND PAPA (from the girls)

Christmas morning was magical. First...I should mention that the girls actually slept in their beds on Christmas Eve. This is impressive, because in the past Kaitlyn has been scared of Santa and has slept in a sleeping bag in our room. The girls woke up at 12:30 AM...Kaitlyn would NOT go back to sleep, so we were up at 1:30 opening gifts, then back in bed by 3:00. For us, IT WAS PERFECT. We all went back to bed and slept until 8am. The girls were happy little campers and excited that the Elf's made something special for them, a horse stable. An elf even left a hair tie, by accident, in the stable. It was a little green one. They liked the fact that a girl elf helped transport the gift this year ;)
We started a new tradition this year. See Kaitlyn holding a picture of a baby? Well, that's our baby Jesus. Throughout the month of December we did acts of service for friends and family. For each act of service we, wrote it on a piece of paper which acts as a piece of hay for baby Jesus. The goal is to add as many pieces of hay, before Christmas morning, so Baby Jesus will have a softer bed to lay in. We love the fact that the girls asked if this could be a new christmas tradition.....ABSOLUTELY, was our response.

Antoher neat thing about Christmas morning, is the girls chose to open their gifts from each other first. They got each other books and gave the sweetest hugs to each other. We each took turns opening a gift and Kaitlyn wanted to be last each time....she can show patience, when she wants to :)

Later in the morning; Mom, Dad and Grandma came by and had breakfast with us. We had the orange rolls I made the day before, sausage, apples and orange juice. We were in great company and loved the relaxation of the morning. That afternoon, we attended church at Mom and Dad's ward. Then headed to the Katie and Aaron's:

At Katie and Aaron's we opened gifts. Christmas dinner will be on Tuesday, when Kierstin and Becky's families get here. We all had fun enjoying each other company and visiting with Grandma. Mom and Dad are always so generous. We feel SO fortunate to be around so much family during the holidays.

It was a GREAT Christmas season!
1 comment:
holy smokes, what a great catch up on your blog! You are as beautiful as always and your girls are so cute!!!
Post a Comment