Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kaitlyn's pre-Birthday Festivities

What a day! It didn't start quite the way we would have liked, due to Kaitlyn's extra-early rise because of those darn butterflies in the tummy. But it did rapidly improved as we went about our day.

Here's darling Kaitlyn....ready for her half day of school to be over, before it even starts.

Mom tested her creativity in the kitchen and decided to make 5 batches of rice krispie treats, in addition to the 2 batches of brownies and 1 batch of cupcakes. The result...a couple rainbow creations.

Every friend was able to attend the 'friend party'!!! Kaitlyn was thrilled and had a wonderful time. Her friends are very sweet and displayed wonderful manners throughout the afternoon. Kaitlyn's friends; Adi, Ruby, Halle, Kayla, Rebecca, Talitha, Allie, Joely, Lexi and of course Sis

This year, Kaitlyn desired a St. Patty's Day theme...I did what I could with rainbows/pots of gold (omitting the leprechans). The picture above includes a revised version of 'Mummy Wrap'...instead 'rainbow wrap'. We also divided into teams, hiding and seeking pots of gold, then played charades after receiving the assigned action from a slip of paper in a balloon.

A couple hours after that party ended, the family party began. Grandparents (including Great Grandma) and Aaron/Katie's family attended. The kids made bookmarks, destroyed a pineta and played the balloon/charades game. We, of course, ate the goodies and watched Kaitlyn be spoiled (opening gifts). I know LOTS of pictures were taken...just not with my camera....I SOO need to do better at that!!!! So family, could you please pass some along so I can post more??? Thanks!!!

It was a great day....Kaitlyn knows she is loved by many and we all are so happy to celebrate the wonderful day she became part of our family and such a special part of our lives. WE LOVE YOU KAITLYN!!!

1 comment:

BrooksBlog said...

Oh I wish we could have been there! What a fun and exciting party you threw!! You are SO Creative!!!! I love the rice krispy rainbow! Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! Youre baby is growing up so fast! :)