.jpg)
As of June 20th, Jeremy & I have been married 10 years! Ten years that feel like 20, according to Jeremy! :-)
The week of our anniversary, the Kanooth side of the family went to Seaside, OR for a family trip. All of Jeremy's immediate family was there. I think everyone would agree, we had a really good time! The 19th, everyone went their own ways, including our girls (who went home with Grandma and Grandpa). Thanks Mom and Dad!!!
Jeremy and I took off to Lincoln City, OR for a little get-a-way and to celebrate our 10 years. We stayed at a friends (Sara & Ron Hogevoll) beach house. We wanted our trip to be memorable and do things that would be out of the norm (for us). The weather was gorgeous and we chose to watch the sunset (which is something Jeremy doesn't usually like doing). We were able to sleep in and Jeremy awoke me with a surprise, an anniversary ring! He picked out a really pretty band! Sorry I didn't do much for you sweetie :-(
We wanted something different to do for our anniversary and looked into horseback rides. No one would return our phone calls. We weren't having much luck finding something new to do. We drove to Depot Bay and went whale watching....of course, no whales (they were there the previous day). After going through a couple shops and watching the seal at the pier, we noticed a runner on the main highway. It was the 2008 Olympic Torch! That was a highlight and more than likely a once in a lifetime chance. It was after that that Jeremy had an idea and chose to surprise me again after recollecting a childhood memory. He took me to Devils Lake for a Paddle boat ride....it sounds a little silly, but we had tons of fun! I knew Devils Lake existed, but I had never noticed it before. We had a nice time and enjoyed being in the middle of the lake alone! After all the paddling, we had a lovely dinner with oceanview at Kylos restarant. We had planned to stay at the beachhouse 2 nights, but after being gone for most of the week with the rest of the family, headed home for our own bed and a chance to sleep-in without the pitter-padder of little footsteps coming to wake us up early in the morning.
Thanks for the great get-a-way and the 20, I mean 10...years! Love ya Hon!