Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mama/Daughter Date Night

My wonderful friend Arica surprised me with an early Christmas gift on Ally's birthday, 4 tickets to the Children's Theater/James and the Giant Peach. Arica already had tickets and took her mother and 2 of her 4 daughters. Jeremy wasn't too interested in going and Kaitlyn was a little too young for that particular story line. So I decided to take our friends Jen and Hannah (Jen's daughter). We are very fortunate to have Jen's mother living next door to us, therefore the girls get to play quite often. Ally and Hannah loved getting dressed up and having a girls night....so did Jen and I (didn't get dressed up, but enjoyed the evening). Everywhere we went the girls were smiling and told everyone how they were on a date with their mama. It was a sweet experence. Just wish I would have got a picture with Ally and I that night (and at the theater).



We were able to take the girls on the boardwalk next to the river while we waited to get into Beaches Restaurant. The girls loved going to the treasure chest when they were through eating (the mask was one of the treasures they received).



Ally and Hannah came out and surprised Kaitlyn and I with a concert the other day. They were so pleased to be playing their instruments and to be singing Jingle Bells (yes, our family is already getting in the spirit of things).