Ally's friend birthday party (she's going to be 9 on Tuesday), was a BLAST! She has such sweet friends. Ally thinks the world of them and is so good at making sure no one is left out. It was great to watch them all have such a good time together and make such good memories.The girls got off the bus and zoomed home. They had homemade pizza, carrots and soda awaiting them. On the table, each girl had a plate of "ironing beads" and a shaped tray to decorate between bites. Each girl was so creative in their designs (see bottom pics). After lunch and craft-time...it was game-time....
I LOVE kid birthday parties. It's fun to be creative and come up with new ideas for organized fun. I didn't think it would be possible to come up with a game that topped last years nail polish game, but after a little research on the internet this is what we came up with:
Dough Girl, balloon race!
The girls divided up in two teams (4 each), each team had 26-5" balloons in a bag, one girl on each team dressed in adult sized sweats. At "Go" the other girls have a race to stuff all the balloons in the sweats (without popping them), the first to finish wins. The best part about this game is the laughs. Since no one had played it before, all were histarically laughing and enjoying every moment (mom included). It's such a silly game, but definately one we'll play again and again....now let's hope the balloons stay inflated until Tuesday for the "family party"...I think the adults will get a kick out of it. *****I give this one 5 stars :)
Blindfolded Makeover
I found some cheap make-up at the dollar store....each girl first washed her face. We then drew names to see who would be the first to apply (blind-folded) and the first to have the makeover. The girls loved playing both parts. None of them got bent out of shape if someone applied the make-up wrong. This game was a blast for the girls....but honestly was a little bit of a mess....some of the girls got carried away with the bright lipsticks all over the face, which isn't so easy to get off without make-up remover. This game was a hit from the girls point of view, they were full giggles throughout the entire game.
**I give this one 2 stars
Like I said before, Ally has sweet friends. They all write such kind thoughts and words in their cards. A couple even wrote little poems...so sweet! The gifts....very thoughtful too.
No comments:
Post a Comment