Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our Kaitlyn

Our lovable Miss Kaitlyn is a hoot to be around.

It's amazing to look at the differences between our two sweet daughters, each so unique. I've already discribed Ally and some of her recent changes. As I think about Kaitlyn and her own traits, I can't help but think about a comment Kaitlyn's 1st grade teacher (Ally kindergarden teacher) made, "it's amazing how different your girls are". I was taken back by the comment and do realize she didn't mean it in a negative way. Watching Kaitlyn in the classroom and at recess, I realize what a social butterfly she is. She's kept and made many friends and will have fun, she is not shy or reserved, in any way. She's vocal in her ways and could care less what others think of her, she knows what she likes and there's no changing her views. She loves her teacher and will make it known....the other day, she screamed "I love you" as she walked out of the school for parent pick-up....it was loud, I could hear it from the car. Organization is a must for little missy...she also sticks to task, getting every-bit of her work done without any dilly-dally. The picture above shows her putting her head down, showing she's finished eating, cleaning and ready for recess. She has not been the picky eater I anticipated....she's happy with having the same this everyday, if needed. She's also a big helper, she not only cleaned up after herself, but also cleaned up after the other kids at the table so they can all be the first to go to lunch recess....they were the first to go too. Our sweetie has a deep desire to do whatever is asked of her and do it well. At home, Kaitlyn is such a lovebug. She desires lots of attention and wants to held or touching a family member (almost) all the time....she's lucky she's our baby because we'll hold her as long as we can (even though it looks ridiculous holding a 6 year old in public). Kaitlyn is our early to bed, early to rise little girl; she will always be in our room, prior to 6:30am and make sure her little face (including her gorgeous hair) is in my face, giving kisses and asking for cartoons and food. As I try to get her to go back to sleep, her little legs will remain on mine, making it well known I better not go back to sleep....this may sound like a complaint, but I'm realizing how much I'll miss this in the future. Kaitlyn is taking after her sisters' study habits, she is determined to learn and be a good reader....she's on-to chapter books and I have to do my best, not discourage her...it definately takes time and patience. Kaitlyn is dedicated and patient. Aunt Lairen and a couple other people gave Kaitlyn some birthday money last March, she saved every penny of her earnings and was determined not to spend a dime until she saved enough for her nintendo DS, she did it last month! We are so proud of her... and amazed that our 6 year old daughter had the will-power to do it...amazing! Kaitlyn is incredible with small children. Mia and her cousins are so lucky when Kaitlyn is around, they know Kaitlyn loves them because of her kind actions. A couple other unique things about Kaitlyn:
She's willing and able to read a talk in the upcoming primary program AND she pulls a few funnies out of her hat with her own spunk at times. Recently she was in the back seat of the car and decided to change the beginning sound of all her words to "ZZ". One of the sentences: "Z'M ZOING ZRAAAZZY!" It's about how I was feeling at that moment and changed my reaction very quickly when I heard what she was saying....it was SO funny!!! Kaitlyn is a hoot, so much of the time ;-)

Like I said, Kaitlyn is lovable....you know you are loved by Kaitlyn when you look into her bright-blue eyes, see her adorable smile, feel her tight hug, hear her fun giggles and sense her admiration for you. She is such a sweet, sensitive girl, who really wants to please everyone, including herself, ALL the time. We love you CupKait!

2 comments:

Kierstin said...

Miss those girls!!!

Rachel said...

I miss the Kaitlyn hugs. She really does give god hugs. She really is lovable, and social. You guys are going to have your hands full when she gets older.