Lincoln City was the chosen destination for a 4 day get-way. There was only one day when the weather was NOT in our favor and that was Sunday (our second day).

I always wonder if Depot Bay has named the seal that hangs out by the dock. He hangs out practically begging for fish scraps. The kids were thrilled to watch...but even more thrilled when they saw their first whale spout at the whale watch center. We were happy they learned what to look for. The very next day we spotted a mother and its baby playing at a distance off the beach...tails out of the water and all! This was a first for Jeremy and myself too!

The girls did very well with their sleeping arrangements throughout the week. I couldn't believe that Ally and Rylie actually slept together in a navy bunk (very narrow) AND made it through the night. Kinda funny though how twisted they got.

Porter and Jen love photography. We were thilled with some of the shots Porter took. I can't get enough of Ally's sweet face!

As you can see the girls had a blast in the sand. Ally searched for rocks and seashells the majority of the time. Kaitlyn loved the sand, feeding the seagulls and doing what everyone else was doing.
I always forget how burned you can get on an overcast day! It was a couple hours into our day on the beach when I realized I needed to get sunscreen on my kids. Poor little Kaitlyn had a couple spots appear that night. She got it bad directly under her eyes and on her ear. She looked like a racoon and now has scabs under her eyes from the itching and scratching. So sorry munchkin!

One of Porter's choice activities was to agate hunt. We didn't realize how serious he was until the hunting began. He was happy to take a collection home and run it through his dad's rock turner.

Ever seen such intense roasting? We wanted to head down to the beach for a camp fire. That didn't work out so we were thrilled when we realized we could roast marshmellows off our back patio.

The final day we took a drive heading north on HWY 101. It was a beautiful day for a drive. The viewpoints were fabulous!!!

You can't head north and NOT stop at the cheese factory for samples and ice cream. Can you tell Kaitlyn is savoring the moment with her orange sherbet? LOL

I enjoyed being able to visit Cannon Beach. This has always been my parents favorite beach and the beach we frequently visited as a child. The tide wasn't out far enough to walk on the rocks at haystack rock, but the girls had a blast jumping some small waves and watching a kite surfer go crazy (the wind was pretty strong). It was fun letting the girls get wet without their bathing suits. Jen made an observation I've never realized....the sand at Cannon Beach is much finer and not nearly as course as the sand at Lincoln City. I love it!

Seaside was the final stop. As many times as we've been to Seaside we've never noticed the soda shops along main street. Porter and Jeremy seem very "into" their soda and spent a bit of time finding the match best for the them. Jeremy chose two ol time root beers. I think I'll stick with my "Mug" brand. Yum :0)
Ally and Kaitlyn were adorable during our stroll along the boardwalk. I love the look on Kaitlyn's face while Ally is holding her. She sure does admire and look up to "sissy". Can you tell how proud Ally is to be a big sister? I LOVE IT! Those are the moments I treasure most!
No comments:
Post a Comment