
It's like a reunion when we have these events! So many people throughout the years, going in so many directions. Last week, I saw families I babysat for 20 years ago and others that I attended church with 10 years ago. Today, I saw a friend from 25 years ago (a family that went to the temple with our family almost 30 years ago) and a gal I served in Young Women's with 7 years ago (with her 1 year old triplets)...this was also Ally's nursery teacher. And the girls were more than thrilled to see Megan (a friend/babysitter that moved a while back), who painted the girls faces.

After we had hamburgers and hot dogs, the girls couldn't wait to do some of the other activities like the bouncer obstacle course, hula hoops, face painting, eating snow cones and watching kids get dunked into the tank!
Some of these items were done at East Stake's activity too...Ally loved the 5K walk around the track with Aunt Lairen and dessert before lunch (because of the long lines). Kaitlyn loved the chicken and time on the bouncers and the fishing booth. I loved the creativity of coverings over the serving tables....each table had the "covered wagon look". They used white sheets attached to 3 long curved PVC pipes stuck into the ground....great idea.
We had a great time at both pioneer events! (Thanks for the picture mom....wish I had the one of you and the girls though!) Oh and did I mention I ran the 5K with 15 others from my ward???!!! The necklace I'm wearing in the pic is my metal for finishing :) (thanks Natasha)
No comments:
Post a Comment