Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kid-At-Work Day

Disappointment set in for Jeremy and Ally when they realized a new rule went into effect at Jeremy's work-place....no, kids at work. They thought there might be a way to take Ally for at least a couple hours, but no such luck...a firm e-mail was sent the morning-of....no-exceptions to the rule.


We were thankful Grandma was willing to take Ally for the day. She was so happy for the opportunity to watch Grandma fulfill her new responsibility as a seamstress. One of the thrills of the day was the hands on lesson Grandma gave. Here's what she wrote (couldn't forget the spelling errors...so cute):

"Today at my Grandma's, I learned that soewing is a big siurios job! And she puts time into it too! To me it seemns confusing, the first time I started to soe I got the thread stuck! But the most icsiding part is that I learned how to soe, and actuly its pritty fun! espeshally at grandmas. I also learned that soeing is creative and its also like a activity! And once you've had a lot of practice you can go, go, go prity fast!"

KAITLYN....got to stay home with mom. Apparently, some teachers at the school seem to think staying home with mom shouldn't be allowed or considered a job. I certainly beg to differ....moms do alot and can offer very valuable lessons for the kiddos. Heres some of what Kaitlyn and Ava (one of Mia's older sisters) learned about being a mom and caring for children:


Getting the children ready for the day, preparing meals, changing diapers, mending boo-boos, showing compassion and love, teaching, reading, playing, cleaning (washing windows/mirrors, folding/ironing clothes, dishes) and safety/cleanliness in all of the above. I have to say it was an exhausting day...explaining every little detail of what we do and why. They were so attentative the whole day. It was such a neat opportunity to show them the importance of raising children and the joy we can have from doing it. All of us (Kaitlyn, Ava, Julia, Mia and I) had a GREAT day staying home.

No comments: